[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) What a great bunch of folks

Hello all, and Happy New Year.
I'd like to thank all of you for understanding my e-mail problem, and I
especially appreciated all the humorous comments!! Very creative!!
Obviously many of you had too much time on your hands with no meteors to
observe. Tim, the carrier pigeon probably froze to death in flight after
crossing the cold front that moved through New Years Eve, so I will be
doing extensive observations of the eta-Aquarids as penance...we entered
the new year with temps of 9 deg F (about -12C).
Of course due to social obligations (something along the lines of unless
you want 1997 to be a very bad year for household relations....) I was
unable to observe that night, although I did peek out to reacquaint myself
with the sky. Then, promptly as I could observe again, the perpetual
blanket of clouds moved back in. As for the Quadrantids, barring a
remarkable development, there will be no location within 8 hour drive time
to observe tonight. Oh well, I'll keep hoping!

	Wayne