[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Quad weather....

Michael Norrell et al -

Michael, I don't know what part of the country you're in, but if you think you
might get some clearing of any kind, go for it!  I wish you luck.  You're right
about that "maybe being the only person to see something".

It looks really hopeless here, completely overcast, with forecast calling for
snow (and maybe some freezing rain) for the next several days at least.  I will,
however, set my alarm clock at intervals tonight - just to check... in case
there is some "hole in the cloud"  passing through....

Holes in the clouds actually work sometimes... Years ago, a friend of mine found
a comet in a 'hole in the cloud'  - and confirmed it the next night in another
hole in the cloud that happened to pass right over the same constellation.....
Serendipity or what??  However, he was discoverer #4, so didn't get his name on
Comet Kobayashi-Berger-Milon....

Anyway, good luck to all of you for weather tonight and tomorrow morning - looks
like everybody's going to need it !!

Clear Skies,

- Cathy
  Great White North