[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio meteor audio tape

Lew wrote:>>>....Sounds like your tape would be very worthwhile for anyone
 interested in getting into radio meteor observing. Would it include
 explanatory breaks in the recorded meteors, describing dates, times,
 phenonmena audible on the tape, and stuff like that? If so, I'd take a
copy<<<

John wrote:>>>...I've thought about setting up such a system before, but
there
really isn't much info on interpretting the output.  The sounds would be
worth a thousand words....<<<

Hi Lew and John,

Yes, I'm envisioning this tape as an introduction to qualities of radio
meteors with a brief oral intro to each sample. I'm envisioning the first
30 minute side as individual samples and perhaps the second side will be an
extended  passage through the intricate dynamics of a cometary debris belt.

I also envision a brief written text with some method information and will
also list web sites and useful addresses where one can get further info.
Radio meteor observing is easy to do if your local conditions are suitable.
The problem is that most folks reside in dense metropolitan areas where
radio astronomy is difficult to practice due to electro-magnetic
saturation.

Best regards,
Tom Ashcraft