[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hale-Boppids..?

<<
 My question - is there a <possible> radiant associated with Hale-Bopp that
we
 should watch for this spring?

 - Cathy
   (Figuring it's <got> to clear by Hale-Bopp time....)

Cathy,
This was addressed in IMO's WGN journal by Duncan Steele last winter. I
believe it's in the December 1995 edition....although I haven't looked it up?
Anyhow, the bottom line is that Hale-Bopp doesn't have a dirty snowball
chance in HE--Double Hockey Sticks to produce a meteor shower.  I believe two
of the reasonings is that the orbit is too far from earth and that if any
particles were given off from a previous trip to the inner solar system, they
would have long dissipated far from the source to appear as not related.
George Zay