[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Transmission Gratings

Interesting idea, Nick! I'm surprised it hasn't been tried by some commercial firm... I've been interested for a long time in being able to do at least low-resolution spectra, both at the eyepiece and for camera work. But the costs of even very basic instruments are just too much for me. (I barely managed my current eyepiece and camera sets!) For a long time, I assumed it was as unlikely to happen as my hope of having a micrometer/PA too. Something to reduce the cost of these items would be a great little revolution in amateur astronomy.

Lew

Karen Simmons & Lew Gramer lewkaren@tiacdot net http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren