[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hale/Bopp trend?

>>><<
 Below are listed all my January data for H-B. I'm not even going to
comment
on the apparent trend. The latest observed magnitudes are very definite.
Make
of it what you will.

 1997 January  8.46UT   m1 = 3.4 (NE)        3.6 (10x50B)
                     13.45               3.2   "           3.4      "
                     15.45               2.9   "           3.2      "
                     17.45               2.7   "           2.9      "
                     19.45               2.9   "           2.9      "
                     21.45               3.0   "           3.0      "<<<

Hi George and everyone,

So supposedly Comet Hale-Bopp is dimmer than  predicted for its current
position in relation to the Sun.  I have a general comet question....Does
daily solar activity and wind force in the direction of this comet effect
its activity?

We are now in the long valley of solar minimum and sunspots have been
spare----- although there was one large M-class flare and a naked eye spot
region in the past couple of months.  But in the past 30 days the sun has
been relatively quiet. There have been many absolutely spotless days this
month. I wonder if this lack of solar activity is affecting Hale-Bopp?

Tom Ashcraft