[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hello from Nashville...

Hey everyone,

I'm typing from Nashville and was wondering if anyone else on this list
was in or at least near the Nashville area.

I am definately a beginner and have only been on the meterob list for a
few weeks, but I have a great facination and excitement about meteors
and comets and stars and galaxys and nebulae and... Well, you guys know
what's up there, now don't you!

Anyway, I was just hoping to meet some of you and get to know some
people.  I feel like I'm the odd man out sometimes with me not knowing
all of the meteor-related jargon, but I'm trying to catch up the best I
can.

I am a photographer, and would love to hear some input on how to capture
meteors and such on film.  I was intrigued about a topic of late
regarding a very wide angle lens and then correcting the converging
verticals with a computer I presume.  I own an 8mm and a 20mm lens in my
35mm camera set-up.  Would either of these lenses do the job?  What
about exposure and film type?

These are just some of the questions that I would like to ask someone
without all the e-mail invasion.

Thanks!
Steven Rimlinger