[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hello from the canary Islands!!!

    Hi! everyone, my name is Sergio and I am a beginner meteor
observer. I just started last year with a couple of observations
during the Geminids and Perseids.
    I usually observe from a place about 5 minutes from home (since
at home stars LM is 4-5) where stars LM is 5-6.5 and temperature
hardly ever is lower than 10 Celcius . Sometimes, I go up to the
mountains, whichis about half an hour in car, but I get to almost2000
meters over sea level (that means a bit colder, too). This year, a
friend of mine got stars LM 6.9 in there.
    I am interested in comets, meteors, and specially developing
technical instruments that can help to observe (radiometeors, CCD,
and stuff).
    One of the things that has made me get closer to the meteors is
that this year, during the Quadrantids, European observers had a lot
of cold storms and here in the Canary  Islands there were just a
couple of clouds, and we decided that we had to contribute to get
those important observations. And we got lucky, we got almost to the
maximum, since we stopped observing at 6:55 UT.