[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Firball Noise (was Where we all are)

Lew,

My post may not have indicated it, but there were delays to both of these
events. Also, I am referring to them as booms, but they were definitely on
the low bass end of the sound spectrum. Maybe a short thunder sound might
apply. It has been a while since I've heard a sonic boom, so I can't
compare the events. Plus, the descriptions I gave are as I wrote them at
the time of the observations. I can currently recall my reaction, but the
written sound descriptions are all I have. I should point out that a tape
recorder was going at the time of the first sound, but nothing was
recorded.

Gary