[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hello from Nashville...

Yes, I'm also from Nashville. I mostly lurk because I keep very busy, but I
have an interest in meteors and have published one paper on meteors in the
Journal of Archaeoastronomy. I am also a photographer, but have not tried
any astro-photography yet.

>Hey everyone,
>
>I'm typing from Nashville and was wondering if anyone else on this list
>was in or at least near the Nashville area.
>
>I am definately a beginner and have only been on the meterob list for a
>few weeks, but I have a great facination and excitement about meteors
>and comets and stars and galaxys and nebulae and... Well, you guys know
>what's up there, now don't you!
>
>Anyway, I was just hoping to meet some of you and get to know some
>people.  I feel like I'm the odd man out sometimes with me not knowing
>all of the meteor-related jargon, but I'm trying to catch up the best I
>can.
>
>I am a photographer, and would love to hear some input on how to capture
>meteors and such on film.  I was intrigued about a topic of late
>regarding a very wide angle lens and then correcting the converging
>verticals with a computer I presume.  I own an 8mm and a 20mm lens in my
>35mm camera set-up.  Would either of these lenses do the job?  What
>about exposure and film type?
>
>These are just some of the questions that I would like to ask someone
>without all the e-mail invasion.
>
>Thanks!
>Steven Rimlinger

Carlos Trenary                                 lab: 615-322-6950
Systems Analyst                             fax: 615-322-6952
Microcomputer Labs                         home:615-298-4764 (starting
Dec.31,1996)
Vanderbilt University                         beep:615-951-2246
Nashville TN 37235