[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) sound

     Has anyone recorded some of these "booms" and found out approximate HZ
ranges for them?  I know last week someone had talked about a tape of
sounds. I just read an article in Scientific American on constructing a low
frequency recorder and was thinking it may be able to be used to detect
daytime "booms".  Are any of these sounds available in a .au format that
could be downloaded off the net of attached to e-mail?  Also, does anyone on
the list record sunspot activity and could send a note of an impending
aurora borealis peak?

                              Thanks,
                                   1st

p.s. to Kevin, Joe - seems we have California beat for the weather right
now.  Keep your mudslides, I'll keep my snow!