[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hello from Nashville...

Hi Steven and Carlos,

I am not in Nashville and also not near to it. In fact I live in a small
country named Holland at the other side of the Atlantic. But thanks to the
internet we are now a global village. Observers of the Dutch Meteor Society
do a lot on photographing meteors. Maybe you should take a look at our
website as you will find lots of information on how to photograph meteors,
kind of equipment we use and results we have acquired such as with the
Geminids 1996.

The URL is: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm

Good luck and keep observing!

Casper.

At 16:26 24-01-97 -0600, you wrote:

>Yes, I'm also from Nashville. I mostly lurk because I keep very busy, but I
>have an interest in meteors and have published one paper on meteors in the
>Journal of Archaeoastronomy. I am also a photographer, but have not tried
>any astro-photography yet.
>

>>Hey everyone,
>>
>>I'm typing from Nashville and was wondering if anyone else on this list
>>was in or at least near the Nashville area.
>>
>>I am definately a beginner and have only been on the meterob list for a
>>few weeks, but I have a great facination and excitement about meteors
>>and comets and stars and galaxys and nebulae and... Well, you guys know
>>what's up there, now don't you!
>>
>>Anyway, I was just hoping to meet some of you and get to know some
>>people.  I feel like I'm the odd man out sometimes with me not knowing
>>all of the meteor-related jargon, but I'm trying to catch up the best I
>>can.
>>
>>I am a photographer, and would love to hear some input on how to capture
>>meteors and such on film.  I was intrigued about a topic of late
>>regarding a very wide angle lens and then correcting the converging
>>verticals with a computer I presume.  I own an 8mm and a 20mm lens in my
>>35mm camera set-up.  Would either of these lenses do the job?  What
>>about exposure and film type?
>>
>>These are just some of the questions that I would like to ask someone
>>without all the e-mail invasion.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>Steven Rimlinger
>>

>Carlos Trenary                                 lab: 615-322-6950
>Systems Analyst                             fax: 615-322-6952
>Microcomputer Labs                         home:615-298-4764 (starting
>Dec.31,1996)
>Vanderbilt University                         beep:615-951-2246
>Nashville TN 37235

|     Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD De Bilt, the Netherlands     |
|    Phone: (31)-30-2203170; Fax: (31)-30-2202695; GSM: (31)-6-54723974    |
|                         E-mail: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl                       |
|         DMS-website: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm         |