[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lew's talk & picture show

Lew wrote:

>So now I'm hoping some of you can suggest sources for snazzy slides, videos,=
> or other visuals I could include in my talk. The more the better... HELP!

Gee, the next thing he'll want is bodies to demonstrate... ;)

Lew, I've found over the years that the easiest way to get appropriate slides or
visuals for a talk is to make your own!  I use my camera, standard lens, and a
set of extension tubes to take photos or diagrams from wherever (magazines,
books, newspaper articles, etc.) and convert them into slides.  Best film I've
found to use for that is the Kodak Tungsten - it gives colours as good as the
original photos, without that yellow tint from the Ektachromes taken indoors.

For overhead projector visuals, run photocopies using those special clear
overhead sheets that you can get at an office supply store.

As far as commercial slides go, I've never used any, but an old catalogue I have
in my piles here says that the New England Meteoritical Services of Mendon,
Mass. (508)-478-4020 has educational slide sets of impact craters, and comets &
meteors.  My catalogue is probably half a dozen years old, but you might check
it out.
I believe that ASP has slides sets too, but I don't have a catalogue handy to
check.

Hope these suggestions help...

- Cathy
  Indoors, enjoying the -30C windchill out my window....