[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) mesoamerica Meteor showers

<< There are sevreal ancient pre-columbian manuscripts from Mexico (Aztec,
 Maya, Mixtec...)  which are astronomic in content. There are sections in
 these texts which I believe refer to meteors, possibly to meteor showers. I
 am fairly certain that the cultures of mesoamerica were aware that meteor
 showers can be periodic, i.e. Perseids, Leonids... and that they might have
 been aware of the periodic re-occurence of meteor storms such as the
 Leonid's. The paper also has a list of meteor terms from all around the
 world which indicate that in many localities, and in the native language of
 that locality, the word for meteor etymologically means" star dung". Some
 day I need to publish an update to the article.

Carlos,
Do you have this article available to email? If so, could you please send it
to me? Thanks!
George Zay