[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lew's Meteor Talk and where I am

Lew;

Since you've got more lead time for the talk, I can fax you those slides
from my meteor talk last year!  If you like any, I can snail-mail you the
viewgraph copies. Just email me with a time your fax will be up and the
number to call.  I also have some prints of meteor photos I took back in my
younger days.  By the way, a Washington Post reporter was in the audience
for my meteor talk last March, so I got a write up in the paper the next
day and was refered to as a "meteor maniac". To bad it's too many letters
to fit on a license plate (i.e. tag for those not from the northeast US).

Becky;

Hi and welcome to group.  I live in northern Virginia,  west of Washington
DC and observe 30 miles west of Dulles airport close to the Appalacian
Trail with 5.5-6.0 limiting magnitudes.  Sorry for the late post to your
inquiry but I am on travel alot for my company with no email access yet on
the road.  My interests have been making visual meteor observations and
development of real-time software for detecting video tape-recorded meteor
tracks.  As you can see we have a fair number of observers on the east and
west coasts of the US, but could use more coverage in the middle time
zones.  I highly encourage you to get out and enjoy this hobby we all share
and learn the proper observational techniques to make a scientific
contribution to this field.

Pete Gural
pgural@trg1.saic.com