[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hale/Bopp Observation Jan 29 ZAYGE

George, et. al:

This morning Hale/Bopp was visible to me for the first.  The weather and
visibility haven't been to hot for sometime now.  I could spot it naked eye,
even from light polluted Salinas, Calif., at 0600 hours PST.  It is about
twice the apparent distance beween Altair and gamma Aquilae and on a line
draw between them and above gamma Aquilae.  Gamma Aquilae and Altair were the
only two stars in Aquila that could be seen naked eye.  That puts it at about
2.8 to 2.9 magnitude by my guess.  With 7X50's a faint tail was visible.  It
was great to finally recover it!

Warm dark nights to all
Steve