[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: micro-meteorites experiment

Thomas,
In case you may have missed my post from a week or so back about collecting micrometeorites;
 I started a project this year for collecting.   I'm not using well slides, I'm collecting from rain gutters, and from a dedicated area set up in my back yard  ( 2' x 4') that I can sweep with a magnet.  I know the contamination factor will probably be large, but it's just an experiment, and after this years study I figure I will have some useful data, though it will probably be more about airborn contaminants in Houston's skies.
 No matter, I've started it, and I'm committed to it.

The Dust Collector
Becky Schultz