[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) IMO Internet domain changed!

[Be sure to switch your bookmarks! IMO has moved on the Web. -Lew]

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 16:09:43 +0100 (MET)
From: Sirko Molau <sirko.molau@informatik.tu-chemnitzdot de>
To: <many, many, many, many IMO supporters>
Subject: announcement

Dear friends,

In the last few weeks the WWW site of the International Meteor
Organization (IMO) has undergone important changes. We hope that this will
improve our service and ensure the future availability of meteor
information from IMO in the Web.

We moved the pages to another server and introduced new features.
The new URL of IMO's homepage is

http://www.imodot net/

Please, update the address in your bookmark file and change the
corresponding link at your web site, if neccessary.
The old address at the University of Chemnitz will be valid for a limited
time only. The pages there are not updated anymore.
The directory structure of IMO's pages remains the same.

The following services are new:
* You can access public domain software and the mailing list archive via
  anonymous ftp at ftp.imodot net
* New mail addresses can be used to contact council members and
  commissioners of imo:
  president@imodot net  - IMO's president
  secretary@imodot net  - the secretary general
  visual@imodot net     - the head of the visual commission
  photo@imodot net      - the head of the photographic commission
  tele@imodot net       - the head of the telescopic commission
  fidac@imodot net      - FIDAC, the Fireball Data Center
  video@imodot net      - the author of the video pages
  radio@imodot net      - the author of the radio pages
  wgn@imodot net        - the editor of WGN
  webmaster@imodot net  - the webmaster of IMO's WWW pages
  hostmaster@imodot net - the hostmaster of IMO's web site

The IMO-News mailing list also moved to the new server. Please, send your
information for subscription und unsubscription now to

imo-news-request@imodot net.

Contributions to the mailing list are to be sent to

imo-news@imodot net.

The old addresses will not be served anymore.

If you encounter any problems at the new site, please, contact the
webmaster (webmaster@imodot net).

Last but not least I would like to thank Werner Depoorter, who did most of
the transfer and installation work and who will serve as our hostmaster.
Thanks also to Marc Gyssens, who made his machine available for our pages.
Sirko Molau (IMO-Webmaster)

PS: You should receive this message two times: One time via the old
mailing list, and another time from the new list at imodot net. If you get
for some reason only one, please report that to imo-news-request@imodot net.

*           Sirko Molau             *                    __              *
*          Str.246 Nr.16            *             " 2B v 2B "            *
*          D-13086 Berlin           *                                    *
*   smo@informatik.tu-chemnitzdot de   *                       Shakespeare  *
*   http://www.tu-chemnitzdot de/~smo  *                                    *

------- End of Forwarded Message