[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Posters...

Lew forwarded:

>My local astronomy club received this query the other day by snailmail. Can any

>of the meteoritics experts out there help this student with some info?

Lew, I just happen to have a <spare> poster on meteorites, put out by the
Canadian Geological Survey Commission....full colour, how to identify,
etc.....which I will mail out to her...

If any of the rest of you would like one ;) (Kevin?), let me know and I'll see
if I can pick up some more (they were free at the time..)

Just for info sake, picked up a neat little book in Chicago last fall while on a
5 hour train layover - Meteorites, by Robert Hutchison & Andrew Graham, Sterling
Publishing Co., New York, originally published in London, England by the Natural
History Museum.  It's softcover, thin, about 8" x 8", and is a simple but very
nicely done collection of colour photographs of meteorites from all over the
world, with notes on origin, composition, etc.

- Cathy