[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Hale/Bopp Obser. Feb1, 1997 ZAYGE

>Perhaps I'll have something to say about any tail
>structure after I develop the film later today? The comet still showed no
>signs of coma elongation, anti-tail, or companions.
>
>George Zay
>Descanso, Calif.
>Long: 116 deg  37' West
>Lat: 32 deg  50' North
-------------------
I just developed the film. The images came out okay...but nothing exciting to
talk about. It pretty much looks like what I've been seeing...no hidden
latent surprises...I still might see something later when I examine the
negatives closer after they dry.  Hopefully in a week or two, the comet will
have moved sufficiently to clear that pesky tree that prevents me from making
any photographs with my telescope. Meanwhile, I'll have to settle with my
camera platform outside the observatory with the 200mm lens. This location is
just barely outside the tree branches.
George Zay
George Zay