[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hale/Bopp Obser Feb 6 ZAYGE

I got up at 05:30 to get ready forwork and was surprised to see the sky
relatively clear when the forecast was fog and low clouds. Viewing from my
house in La mesa, Ca. this is what I saw:
Sky Limiting Magnitude was about 3.8. Using my 14X100 binoculars, Hale/Bopp's
tail seems more broad shaped today than the last time I saw it on Feb 3. I
give an estimated tail length of 1.1 deg. Using Gamma Cygni as my reference
star, my magnitude estimate for Hale/Bopp's coma and nucleus only is in the
range of 2.1 -3.2. No doubt my Sky LM has reduced the tail length for me.
George Zay
La Mesa, Calif.
Long: 116 deg
Lat: 32 deg