[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Forward RE: Washington area meteor observers

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1904 02:55:17 -0400
To: meteorobs@latrade.com
From: pgural@trg1.saic.com (Pete Gural)
Subject: RE: Washington area meteor observers

>I've been watching this with interest, in part to see if there is anyone
>in meteorobs who is in my local area.  Is there anyone (or any group)
>who lives in the Maryland/Washington DC/Northern Virginia Metro area who
>goes out observing on a regular basis?

>Nancy McMahan

Nancy;

Hi,  I am a regular contributor to  NAMN/IMO observations and also a member
of the local astronomy club here in Northern Virginia (NOVAC).  In the
local area I know of three "regular" observers of meteors:

Myself:   I live in Sterling VA. and observe from the astronomy club's
SAVAGE site near Bluemont, VA about 30 miles west of Dulles airport .

Jon Stewart-Taylor:  Lives in Reston VA and can also been found huddled up
in a carpet remnant/sleeping bag up at the SAVAGE site (member of NOVAC as
well).

George Gliba:  Who I have yet to meet personally, lives in or near
Greenbelt MD and from my understanding, observes from Mathias (west?)
Virginia site.

You are more than welcome to join us, though the ranks are a little thin
this time of year up at the mountain-top.  We are sometimes joined by
others members of NOVAC (deep-sky pundants) so there is usually something
interesting to look at during meteor breaks.

Pete Gural
pgural@trg1.saic.com

------- End of Forwarded Message