[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) alpha Centaurids

Hi Jean-Christophe

I managed to observe the alpha Centaurids this morning (Feb 6/7) from 23h35
UT to 02h50 UT.  Limiting magnitude averaged 5.4.  I observed 25 meteors,
only one possible alpha Centaurid, three which could be traced back to a
radiant near zeta Centauri, and 21 sporadics.  The only excitement was a
magnitude 1 sporadic that left a 5 second train, otherwise it was pretty quiet.

Looks like that is all I'll manage.  It is raining here again tonight and
only expected to clear later tomorrow.  Hope you had some luck.

Tim