[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Mr. Alan Hale and His Comet

>To top off the morning, Alan had an extra copy of his new book and was
>kind enough to give me an autographed copy and showed me the meteor
>photograph of mine he included in the book. It was a great morning and I
>look forward to seeing Alan again at the ALPO convention in Las Cruces,
>New Mexico, in June.
>
>Bob Lunsford
--------
Bob,
You are so lucky...I think? I've acquired the impression from Alan Hale and
thru others who has made contact with him that he is trying to milk this
thing for all it's worth...financially that is. I personally have a lesser
respect of him due to this. On the other hand...his co-discoverer Bopp seems
to be less commercial over this comet and more modest about his find.
George Zay