[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fire/Rescue

>Jim, are you yet another fireman meteor observer??

Well, no, I left the fire dept. behind when I came back to Hawaii.  I was a
volunteer in Virginia and paid by the call in Ohio, but there aren't any
volunteer departments here.  I'm an air traffic controller for a living.  I
always told folks there wasn't enough stress in my life, so I joined the
fire department!  I just got a line on an on-call position here as an EMT,
working in the hyperbaric chamber, "unbending" divers. With any luck it'll
soon be time to strap on the beeper again!

Are you working as a firefighter, Lew?

Aloha,

Jim Bedient
American Meteor Society/Meteor Group Hawaii