[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Clear skies! (And nostril-freezing temps!)

Cathy, thanks for the description of your Cold Country meteor observing! You're an inspiration to the slackers among us, for whom February meteors might not be QUITE enough incentive to go out in 10-20oF temperatures! :(

"-21oC"?! I've only experienced below-zero (< -18oC) temperatures in the open air once in my life... The ice crystals in the air were lovely, but a Teff=6 hour meteor session did NOT immediately suggest itself to me! :)

PS: Maybe this would be a good time to review the discussion we had on meteorobs last year about Cold Weather Observing: there are a good number of newer subscribers who might find it useful (or even life-saving). So how about it, Polar Meteorites: what are the DOs and DON'Ts of sub-zero meteor watching?

Lew, newly energized for some observing! (If it ever clears again...)

Karen Simmons & Lew Gramer lewkaren@tiacdot net http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren