[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Clear skies!

>No power.  No heat.  Managed to stay warm with long johns and 3 pair of
>woolly
>track pants, multiple pullovers, parka, a handful of blankets, and one of
>those
>heavy silver survival sheets wrapped over me.  It was -21C, a little
crisp...
>But actually, quite enjoyable for several hours!  Cranked up the local
>country
>radio station, and wiggled my toes in time...

BRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
I guess wiggling your toes to the country music allows you an opportunity to
see if you have frost bite or not.  You get an A+ from me for effort and
perserverance! I'm not a country music listener...my wife is however. The
other day she told me about some country singer having an album titled "And I
Shaved My Legs For This?" I thought she was kidding...but she's not. I listen
to the oldies but goodies station of the 50's and 60's while I observe. Since
then there has been very little  new music performed by anyone until Inya
came along. Listening to the radio certainly helps pass the slow nights. The
last time I observed (Feb 3), the disc jokey kept giving weather reports of
it being totally cloudy where I was at in the mountains. This made me
nervous...especially since I didn't see any clouds at all!

>twilight between Rasalhague's 2.1 and Epsilon Cyg's 2.5.  I just took off my
>glasses to fuzz both stars and the comet.

Ah Rasalhague!....one of my frequent  reference stars for meteor observing.

>George wrote:
>>I would like to note that I cannot for the life of me get a magnitude
>anywhere
>near the mid 1.5's that I've been >reading in some reports.

Still puzzled...dot between you and me...our latitudes of observing is quiet far
apart.

>Mid 1.5's?  Nope, I don't see that either.  <

George Zay