[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Wayne and his icicles....

An e-mail from from Wayne's Warm World:
>> nominating Cathy Hall for the "Toughest Guy in >North America"
Make that the thoughest lady, at least. ;-)

Cathy:
>> I cranked for the Geminids in 1974 at -12C (your +10F)

This is really impressive. My personal record is 3 hours in -22 C.
Not much really, compared to Cathy, even if -12 C _is_ very much
warmer than -22. When temperatures go below -10, I avoid freezing
my ..... off by observing for 2-3 intervals of 2-3 hours each,
taking long indoor breaks in between.
A heated observing coffin would probably enable me to observe for
much longer intervals. Brr.... I better make one soon, or hope the
greenhouse effect is gonna make it all redundant in a few years.

Trond,
-- another fine day with 0 C, boy I love the Gulf stream --