[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hale/Bopp Obser Feb 9 ZAYGE

<<
 George, I never realized you had a 10" SCT. Do you do much deepsky with it?

 Off-Topic Lew

------------------------
I've had my 10" SCT since early 1988. For about 3 or 4 years I've done lots
of deep sky photography with it.  Since about 1992 I've stopped using it and
concentrated on my meteor work. I only use it nowadays for comets....which I
hope to do in the morning. I'll be out there tonight observing meteors until
the comet shows itself. I haven't made up my mind yet as to which scope I'll
be using...the 4 or 10 inch? One or the other will be a guide scope.
 Depending on the time when the comet is up in a presentable position will
determine if I can get photos with both. It takes some time to set up and
convert...and time is short ...at least the last time I noticed the comet
rising from my observing site.

 Incidentally, I saw Hale/Bopp this morning from my work place. It rained
last night and at 5 am the clouds were patchy. I just happened to look and
saw the comet in a hole in the clouds. I was able to get a quick look thru my
14X100's and noted that it seemed brighter...but had nothing to compare this
with...Most of the other stars were clouded over. In about 3 minutes the
comet was covered as well. It's suppose to be clear by tonight though.
George Zay
La Mesa, Calif.
Long: 116 West
Lat: 32 North