[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hale/Bopp photo Feb 12 ZAYGE

I just want to say that I developed my film a few minutes ago of what I took
of comet Hale/Bopp this morning and was very much pleased to see that out of
3 exposures...all three came out decently...particularly my last one.  It was
taken with a 4"SCT guided by a 10"SCT for 10 minutes at f/5.  I used a
telecompressor so that the scope was faster and used t-max 400 film developed
in t-max developer. Hopefully tonight I will get a better image with a longer
exposure and the same set up. The tail looks like a comet at last.  The stars
look pinpoint.  The 4 inche scope has a 4 degree field.  It looks like I can
see the tail that long on the negative.  The tree that was in my way didn't
show up at all on the negative...I should have known it wouldn't showed up
simply because the tree was too close to focus...  ( :(l) doh!     I'm still
gonna try to prune that tree tonight!....I sure wish a surgically aimed
lightening strike would hit that tree and miss my observatory as well.
George Zay