[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Wayne and his icicles....

<< Hey, Kevin! If I drive down to Joisey in my li'l AstroMobile, would you
sell me one of your "observing" stations for $100 (or whatever it costs)?!

 It's either that, or spend a whole lot more on a -20oF sleeping bag, plus
some ground foam, and some new thermal gloves, socks, etc. to replace the old
rags I wear observing now.

 Otherwise, I don't hold much hope of being active again until the Lyrids. :(

Sure, that should be no problem.  I would guess tho that  one would probably
cost no more than $30.00 to make. Figure 2 sheets of plywood any some 2 X 4's
.  Guys?

One thing I do to keep warm, if you have access to electricity, is an
electric blanket. What I do is put the cushion on the chair, then a blanket
on top, then the electric blanket on top of that. Sit down, then open the
sleeping bag and drape it over you, don't get in it.  I've actually been out
there in the cold w/ the coat open and have taken my hiking boots off and
still remaine nice and toasty in just my socks. I'm sure that when we build
our "stations" it'll be so warm that I'll be plotting DCA in my bermuda
shorts.  ;)

Kevin