[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Moses parted the clouds.....

The sky cleared over central Ohio for about 12 hours, giving me a
look at comet Hale-Bopp this morning, Feb 13. It has brightened
noticeably since last I was able to see it on the 3rd. It is also
obviously a comet to the naked eye where it took more averted vision
last time. It was not quite as bright as Altair.

As I peered appreciatively at the comet, a dim +4.0, white meteor
flashed south and west of Altair.

2 hours later it was cloudy...............

I shall the numbers to those
who have more fingers and toes,
Gregg
htp://pages.prodigy.com/daddy

PS........an ever growing selection of comet photos can be perused at

                                           newproducts.jpl.nasa.
gov/comet

Several of them can also be found at my web site, with a log of all
these observations from here, Prodigy AStro BB and the internet
                                          pages.prodigy.com/daddy