[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Xi Bootid Radiant

At 13-FEB-1997 11:27:11 Lew Gramer asked:

>Hey, George, were your skies really that bad down in Big Pine Key?! I know the
>area below Marathon have been deteriorating a lot in recent years, but 5.8 is
>what I'd call pretty near suburban conditions! Are your LMs generally much
>lower than average, or were you observing under unusual conditions?

The conditions were far from ideal most of the time, which explains the LM.
What puzzles me most was the high number of sporadic meteors, and the radiant
near Xi Bootids. As far as my LM generally. I have seen 6.5 under pristine
conditions at West Summerland Key. Only out West have I seen fainter than 7.0.

GWG