[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Next impact...

Guys -

Jonathan wrote:
>there was an advertisement for "Fire from the Sky." ....
>Guess Where It's Heading?

Well, my local Ottawa paper had some article today on disaster movies.  They
claim we are next to encounter "Deep Impact", about a comet.....  Heaven help
us!

And .... they quoted 'a NASA spokesperson' as saying "The chances of dying from
a meteor impact are six times greater than dying in a plane crash .... But, on
the other hand, there is no record of any human who has died as the result of
asteroid impact."

And, to add insult to injury, we've been getting the disaster flicks up here,
but our stations haven't aired the "Three Minutes to Impact" documentary....
apparently Discovery U.S. is "only in the States, you say... pity.."

- Cathy
  Great White North