[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hale/Bopp photo Feb 12 ZAYGE

I agree with John Glover. If you have a 35mm that can do time exposures,
get out and photograph this comet. I was too lazy to set up the clock drive
on my camera tripod (also on the 15th) and shot Kodak 1000 with my old
Minolta XD-11 and a 50mm f1.4 lens. Just as John noted, an unguided
exposure of 30 seconds was great. It plainly revealed the blue ion tail and
the yellow dust tail. I plan on scanning the negatives into my computer
during lunch today. The best shots will be on my web site this afternoon.

Gary W. Kronk
Troy, IL