[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: ZHR

Hi, Sirko, and thanks for some very intelligent and to-the-point comments.
I did have one addition to make, regarding the use of pre-IMO (and therefore pre-standard-observing-method) data. The observation records of groups like the AMS do have the disadvantage of non-standardized collection methods, and this limitation would obviously make working with this data very difficult.

However, 100 years is a much better sample size than 10. And as Peter Jenniskens beautifully demonstrated in his use of non-standard observations for his "Meteor Streams" papers, there ARE ways of making good use of AMS's 100 year sample. In other words, "very difficult" is not the same thing as "impossible".

Just my (slightly less bleary-eyed) $0.02 for the day! :)
Lew