[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) "Sensing" Hale-Bopp?

>>>And, no, I have no hankering to try to get out and observe the comet,
although the descriptions from everyone have been fascinating.<<<

Hi Jim,

I'm curious to know if there are ways for blind people to sense or
experience this comet (or any comet) rather than just hear visual
descriptions?  To me, this comet is three dimensional and dynamic and must
have very tactile properties like variations of heat/cold, shape, mass,
outgasing textures, smells, force, etc.

Do blind folks have ways of "sensing" space phenomena like this comet?--Tom
Ashcraft