[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Shirt sleeve observing....

Wayne et al -

You wrote:
>George, we east coasters are getting jealous of you seeing the comet every day.

Gee, guys, what's a comet ;)

>Last night the <temperature>  was 62 degrees F at 1AM!  Nicest night since
September
>I just sat out for a while in my short sleeved shirt watching the clouds drift
by the moon ...Kind of fun

I was in short sleeves today too - while out to lunch with a friend.  That's
short sleeves under the parka, guys.   It took my friend half an hour to scrape
the ice off his windows, and manage to open his car doors, before he could pick
me up.   All the trees look really pretty up here, glassy sort of ;)  The roads
are terrible.  There is blowing snow.  The temperature, <right now> , with the
sun up and trying to shine, is -26C windchill (that's about -15F).

What's 62 degrees F???  I don't think I can remember what it feels like.....

As to you southern California guys, I think your t-shirts should read - So' Cal
meteor observers do it <all> the time ... ;)

- Cathy
  Frozen in the Great White North... ;)