[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Public Viewing Plan

1.  The Denver Astronomical Society plans to run it's program the last
week of March.  The local press was at our open house last week.
Who knows how much hoop la they will put out.

2.  Your schedule should consider your local horizon and equipment.  For
example the trees get it shortly after sunset and the observing platform
for our 20 in. is 20 feet off the floor when looking near the horizon.
Dangerous to have the public up there.  I am trying to talk them into
putting our realtime CCD on the nucleus and feeding the local TV stations.

3.  There was a massive lack of interest when I suggested to NASA that
realtime images be put on a central WWW site.  The Japanese are doing that
for the Asia Eclipse.