[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Shower parent bodies

Hiya all

In a recent discussion, probable minor planetary parent bodies for meteor
streams were discussed.  Since I'm due to give two lectures on meteor stream
formation here in April I thought I would send you my current list.  If
anyone has comments or additions I would be glad to receive them.  The list
is compiled from a number of sources.

Meteor Shower	  Probable Parent Body
delta Leonids	  mp 1987 SY
delta Pavonids	  c Grigg Mellish 1907 II
April Lyrids	  c Thatcher 1861 I
pi Puppids	  c Grigg Skjellerup 1902 II
eta Aquarids	  c Halley 1910 II
Daytime Arietids        mp 1566 Icarus
June Boötids	  c Pons Winnecke 1915 III
Sco/Sgr complex	  c Lexel 1770 II
alpha Capricornids	c Honda Mrkos Pajdusakova
Perseids	  c Swift Tuttle 1862 II
Cygnids	          c Iras Araki Alcock
alpha Aurigids	  c Kiess 1911 II
Draconids	  c Giacobini Zinner 1900 II
epsilon Geminids	c Nishikawa Tagamizawa Tago 1987e
Orionids	  c Halley 1910 II
Taurids	          c Encke 1977 XI and mp?
Leonids	          c Tempel Tuttle 1866 I
alpha Monocerotids	c Van Gent Peltier Diamana 1944 I
Andromedids	  c Biela 1852 III
Puppid Velids	  mp 2102 Tantalus
Pheonicids	  c Blancplain 1819 IV
Dec Monocerotids  c Mellish 1917 I