[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Shirts off our backs...!

Concerning the funding of NAMN, Kevin noted:
>Thats a great idea. My club works w/ two shirt printers... you shouldn't have
>to fund this org. out of your pocket, Mark.

>I'll look into the procedure for getting NAMN into a non-profit tax exempt
>org status. This way, as Cathy said, this way anyone who donates can receive
>a tax break.

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the comments! My tongue-in-cheek remark about funded meteor
groups may have given some of you the wrong idea. The work of NAMN does not
cost much more than what I would already spend for my own meteor work. And
since I am interested in promoting the field, I volunteered to take on the
added expenses which are mostly postage costs anyway.

I was a member of ALPO when they became non-profit and I remember there was
a lot of requirements such as establishing a board of directors, treasurer,
hold regular board meetings, etc. (correct me if my memory is wrong Bob L.)
so I am not sure if it is worth it.

But the idea about t-shirts may have some merit. But I suggest we not tie up
the mail list discussing this, so if anyone has any comments or thoughts,
please send them directly to me. With all the star parties and meetings our
members go to, we might be able to fund that photographic patrol......

Thanks for the input Kev!

Mark