[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Comet Self-Destructing

Sorry if I confused anybody.  I was talking about the jet.  It has
been observed that as many as 3 fragments of Comet Hale-Bopp were 6"
to 8" from the main nucleus.  It goes like this:Comet Hale-Bopp A is
the big one, shining at magnitude 1 as we speak.  Comet Hale-Bopp B
and Comet Hale-Bopp C are 6 arc-seconds away from H-B A, and H-B D is
8 arc-seconds away from H-B A.  I know this sounds crazy(I can also
assure you that I am not crazy or demented)or unbelievable, but it
may be true.  Probably in~100 hours we will know the truth.

Jonathan(NTZT04A@prodigy.com)
http://pages.prodigy.com/Astro/homepage.htm