[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Discovery!!!

<< I found a meteor about 10 years ago, and am interest of knowing what shall
I do with finding.  If you may give me any information on how to go about
this discovery, it would be helpful.  My name is Isaac Headrington, P.O.
6006, Paterson, New Jersey  07509.  I'am using this E-Mail address to contact
you but you may contact me at the above address or just E-Mail the
information to me using this E-mail address. My interset are to sell this
meteor or even get in contact with any person interseted in my finding.  >>

Hi Juan,

The first thing I would do is to have it tested to make sure its and actual
meteorite. Since you're in NJ you can go, I"d suggest make an appointment,
with  someone  from the Rutgers Geology Museum in New Brunswick. I don't have
the phone number, but they are listed.  If its an actual find you will need
to know EXACTLY where and when you found it.
Usually a piece is donated to a scientific organization like the Rutgers
Museum for further study. Price depends on how much is found.  Of course
there is my 5 gram piece "information fee"  :)

Kevin