[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Xi Bootids anyone

<<
 There have been reports about a possible radiant from Xi Bootids in the 2nd
 week of February. Is there any conclusion about it or does anybody have more
 observations?

 And, if this (possible) shower was active all the month of February, 1997,
 would we notice that?

 Not just curious, but wondering about the radio meteor counts from february.

 Regards, Werfried Kuneth, Austria, 47N, 14E.<<
Werfried,
I observed and plotted on the nights of Feb 11/12 and 13/14 for a combined
total of about 10 hours . The activity on both nights were very slow. I just
looked at my plots for those two nights and seen nothing that would indicate
anything was active near Xi Bootid. If there were any usual activity from
that region, it must be very very low...so low that if you seen a meteor or
two from that region, it's most likely a sporadic.
George Zay