[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Weird...

Gary wrote:

>Actually George, if you remember the scifi movie Lifeforce, vampires hibernate
within the nuclear region of Halley's Comet!!  :-)

to which Wayne <Count> Hall(e)y replied:

>Hey, you talkin' about me????  I vant to suck your blood <flap flap flap flap
flap........>

Gee, guys, and I thought <I> was getting cabin fever up here!!  Good thing I
wasn't sipping coffee when I read that!!    I think we need some more clear
skies.... ;))

Talking about weird stuff, was curled up on my couch watching snowflakes late
yesterday, and thought of a question for you guys.  The snow was blowing in at
my window, and I was thinking about meteors coming out of a radiant, but of
course, snowflakes don't, and shower meteors do...

And then I remembered something weird I'd read years ago, about the meteors
called the Cyrillids....  Anybody know anything about them...  I vaguely seem to
recall that they were maybe 1930's or so, and people reporting them as bright
and 'parallel'....  ??

- Cathy
  Great White North, no vampires here ;)