[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ode to Hale-Bopp

                 An Ode to Comet Hale-Bopp
                  Comet of the Century
               The one that didn't fizzle
                         by GWG

           Comet Hale-Bopp is finally here at last
           Spewing prodigious amounts of dust and gas
           Filling the the starry vault with splendor
           Giving us a show we will always remember

           Joining the famous great comets of history
           Filling our mind with intrigue and mystery
           And our hearts with more joy than sorrow
           SO get your ass up and see it tomorrow

    ;-) Saw it again this morning about 0 magnitide (as bright as Vega)
        with three tails three degrees or more long in light polluted skies.
        Saw yellow-white color in the primary dust tail coming off the huge
        southern fountain. A picture out of an old book, or fairy tale!

Excuse me Sir, or Madame, I think I have COMET FEVER!