[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Life on Comets

<< Maybe Ceres is an exausted comet, like Patheon for the Geminids, or
probably
 > not all types of carbonaceous chondrites are like comets,

 It would have be comet two orders of magnitude larger than we currently
 observe.  Ceres has a diameter of about 685 km!

Malcolm,
I was thinking the same thing. Seems like if you think of the Asteroid belt,
the Kuiper belt, and the Oort cloud as a whole, they could be very much
related in the mechanics that formed them...or left them pretty much intact?
George Zay