[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor infall & disease

Through my research, I have also studied the mythologies of over 150
different cultures around the world, most within North, Central, and South
America. It is interesting to note that the Aztecs were afraid to go
outside at night because they were afraid they would be hit by a meteor,
develop an infection, and die  (the actual description of the infection is
actually quite gross...worms are involved). I know this is not an
indication of germs from space ("germs from space" sounds like a 1950s
B-movie). But the discussion reminded me of this story and I'd thought I'd
share it. (I have always wondered why the Aztecs worried about such things,
unless it did actually happen once).

Gary