[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hale/Bopp Obser Mar 6 ZAYGE

George Zay wrote:  >>>At 62 magnification, I was able to see at least 2
concentric waves of material surrounding the front of the nucleus..dot it
looked impressive. <<<

Those bow shock wave fronts are stunning and give a strong 3-D effect to
the comet in my 80 mm refractor. I wonder if they give a sense of the
nucleus and its massiveness and shape?

I was looking at recent Hale-Bopp photos on the web last night and if
people think they are going to experience this comet solely on the internet
they will get an artificial view. The present computerized realm doesn't
seem to give a spatial depth of field.--Tom A