[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hale-Bopp twice in a night

Made my first attempt at celestial observing this morning and after getting
up at 5am and driving about 10 miles I realized I should have thought this
out more first. I could see about 200 miles of west coastal range. I guess I
need to get up earlier and set out for a fire look out station as I am
situated between theSierra Nevada, Cascade, Sutter-butte and the coastal
mountain ranges.
I have a couple of questions. I have a minolta with a 70-300 zoom but, with a
limited shutter speed. Will this pick up Hale-Bopp under good conditions and
will faster film speed(1000-1200) work better if not? Secondly, What
direction should I be looking in?
Steve